jueves, 27 de diciembre de 2012

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.



Title: Pride and Prejudice.  
Author: Jane Austen. 

Synopsis: Spirited Elizabeth Bennet is one of a family of five daughters, and with no male heir, the Bennet estate must someday pass to their priggish cousin William Collins. Therefore, the girls must marry well—and thus is launched the story of Elizabeth and the arrogant bachelor Mr. Darcy, in a novel renowned as the epitome of romance and wit. Pride and Prejudice is Jane Austen’s masterwork, an entertaining portrait of matrimonial rites and rivalries, timeless in its hilarity and its honesty.

Review: In need of reading some classics after limiting myself to YA books only, I decided to pick up Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, one of the most famous books of all time and the one that made me fall in love with the wonderful Jane Austen and her writing. I was a bit worried that I might not like the book at first, but after reading and completely delving into the story I enjoyed it a whole lot. It took me a while to get into the book simply because I needed to adjust my brain to more complex language. I must say that I loved the Bennet family from the start and it reminded me of my mother's family because I can safely say that Mrs. Bennet is my grandmother. I really like it when I can connect with the main character and I really did connect with Elizabeth. In fact, I could even relate to her in some aspects. I found myself wishing for Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth to finally get together from the minute the reader is introduced to him, because I saw him as a misunderstood character from the start. I knew deep down he wasn't as bad as everyone thought he was. What I liked most about the book is that it is timeless. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be as popular as it is today, right? I would recommend this book to anyone, even if they aren't into classics. I'm pretty sure they will regret ever thinking that after reading this. 

Rating: ★★★★★

Until next time,
Ana Lucía. 


2 comentarios:

  1. Great review! If you love This novel you should definetly check The Lizzie Diaries in YouTube, it's awesome :)

    xx, M.
    http://thevogueclub.blogspot.com.es/

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you! I'm obsessed with The Lizzie Diaries.

      x, Ana Lucía.

      Eliminar