lunes, 31 de diciembre de 2012

2013 Reading & Writing Resolutions

I'm usually someone that refuses to make resolutions every year simply because I don't want to be disappointed because I didn't accomplish what I wanted. After thinking it through, I realized that this time was going to be different. So without further ado, I present to you my 2013 reading + writing resolutions.

  • Read 50+ books throughout the year. This means that I will have to read approximately one book a week. I'm very excited for this because I feel like I could've read a lot more in 2012 but I didn't out of pure laziness. If I see that I'm close to my goal long before the year is over, I will bump it up to 75. I want this to be a challenge, which means it's not going to be easy. 
  • Read more classics. I got the chance to read classics that I actually enjoyed this 2012 and I would like to continue doing that on 2013. Reading YA books is easy for me, but classics are a bit more tough but much more rewarding. 
  • Review every single book I read. I truly enjoy reviewing books and I want to be as active as possible on this blog. Sometimes I bottle up a lot of my feelings and opinions about a certain book simply because no one else around me has read it. I can finally express myself on this blog. 
  • Write on my journal at least three times a week. Someone close to me gave me a journal for Christmas and included a letter with the gift. He encouraged me to write about my life because it's the greatest trip one can take. I want to try to write on it every day, but I know I need to start out slow and stick to three days a week as a minimum. 
  • Work on improving my writing. I know that I can be better with a lot of practice and I think that writing on my journal will help. I need to practice, practice, practice and read some articles that I've collected throughout the year about writing. 
  • Participate on NaNoWriMo. I've been interested on participating on NaNoWriMo for the past two years and I finally decided that I would do it in 2013. I really want to win, I don't care how many sleepless nights and cups of coffee it takes. 
  • Start working on my first novel and a few short stories. When I'm writing stories, I have the bad habit of just writing and writing without revising afterwards or drafting before I start working on it and I want to start writing more serious stuff. I want to sit down and write down my ideas and start working off of that instead of starting to write right away. 
And that's it! I have a few other personal resolutions, but I wanted to leave those for the first entry on my journal. I hope everyone who reads this has an amazing 2013. 

Until next time,
Ana Lucía. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario